- Despite the fact that we lost a dear friend this weekend, I am comforted in the fact that we know he is in the presence of the Lord right now, and I'm pretty sure the first word out of his mouth as he entered the Pearly Gates was WOOOWWW!!! If you are someone who was blessed enough to have had your life touched by Pastor Tom, you will understand.
- Even though my hubby and I did not go on the couples retreat with the 17 other couples from our church, we were able to spend some quality time together yesterday. He had some work to do in a building in downtown Minneapolis, so I decided to tag along and spend the day with him. I did have an ulterior motive to going to work with Ray though, I was able to TOTALLY AVOID the Super Bowl! Yippee!! We had no TV or even a radio playing. I'd heard a lot about this building, and what he was doing there, but I couldn't quite picture it in my mind. I took lots of pictures, I'll do another post with them a little later.
- I was planning on going to weigh in tonight...but now, after getting on my scale this morning...I'm not so sure. If nothing else, I do have a physical scheduled for Wed. morning. If I don't get to WW tonight, I'll update my froggy chart with whatever weight the doctor's scale says I am...but that could be scary too.
- On a positive note, one of my emails this morning was from CATHERINE'S...you know the store for us "Plus Size" women. The subject line said, "We miss you." That gave me a little chuckle. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against CATHERINE'S, it's a great store. It's just that since I've lost some weight, (I'm now in their smallest size), I have a hard time finding very many clothes there that fit me. I'm sorry, but I will not miss them when I am too small to fit into ANY of their clothing! They won't lose me totally though, I can still use my CATHERINE'S card at Fashion Bug, where I just found such a great deal on a winter coat, that I couldn't possibly pass it up.
- I purchased a new exercise DVD over the weekend. It is Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home, "Walk Away Your Hips & Thighs". It has a 2 mile power workout, and also a lower body toning workout on it. The package came complete with "The Fit Cuff", which are velcro ankle cuffs, connected by a big rubber band thingy. It is designed to be used with the toning exercises. I'm thinking I'll walk at my own speed to begin with, and probably start with a mile and work up to 2 miles. If I do that 3 times a week, and alternate with the toning exercises on the other 2 days, that should work. That's my plan anyway. Wish me luck, I'm going to go start right now.
Win inspired makeup package $40 | Park Author | ends 11-30-15 - inspired makeup package $40 Today’s giveaway is for a makeup package. It is inspired by Fred Park’s newest short story novel Steel Hibiscus. Win the featur...
1 year ago