I've done it again. I've put back ON a few pounds. But now that the holidays are officially over, and since tomorrow is the first MONDAY of the year, I'm going to get serious about this whole weight loss thing again. I've got to find me some kind of exercise to do though.
The new weight loss book that I'm reading says that the first week I have to establish an exercise routine. I need to exercise for 30 minutes a day, 5 days (in a row), per week. NO EXCUSES! They recommend:
- Basketball (where would I play basketball?)
- Bike Riding (it's -10 degrees outside, and the ground is covered with snow)
- Cross -country skiing machine (I don't have one)
- Dancing (yeah, right)
- Elliptical machine ( my mother has one of these, but lives over an hour away)
- Jogging/running (see bike riding note)
- Kick boxing (don't make me laugh)
- Racquetball (I can't afford it and don't know where there is a racquetball court around here)
- Spinning class (Apparently, this is a class in riding a stationary bike. see above note for excuse)
- Stair climber ( I don't have one, but I guess I could climb actual stairs)
- Stair stepper ( see above note)
- Stationary bike/recumbent bike (I don't own one of these either)
- Step arobics (I May be able to find a dvd for this, and something to use for a step?)
- Swimming (If I only had an indoor pool, the bathtub isn't big enough)
- Tennis (almost as funny as me dancing or kick boxing, also, there's that below zero thing)
- Walking -My treadmill is in need of repair and I can't afford to get it fixed. It's below zero outside, and the roads are covered with ice. I don't feel like walking out there, brrrrrrrr.)
I can't afford to join a gym, and right now my van is also in dire need of repair, so I couldn't drive to one anyway. That's only because it is finally paid for, they always die right after you get them paid for, right? I guess I could run up and down my multi-colored stairs, but they're so steep that it hurts my hips every time I walk up them, so I can't see myself enjoying that either.
You may think I'm just making up excuses here...but I'm not. I'm truly wracking my brain trying to think of something I can do. I THINK I may have some exercise dvd's that I got from McDonald's, back when they used to give them out with an adult "Happy Meal". I'll have to go and check that out. Let me know if you have any wonderful exercises dvd's that I could possibly borrow, or some ideas on what I can do. No Lisa, I refuse to try your "Flirty Girl" exercises, or anything else that might require the use of a pole!