Friday, November 28, 2008

All I want for Christmas is...

I don't usually make Christmas lists. Generally, I just wish I had enough money to go shopping and buy great things for everyone on MY LIST. That's what would really make me happy. But every year, someone is bound to ask what I want for Christmas, (and someone already has), so...Here is my Christmas wish list:

Because I have a carpeted floor in my kitchen now, I think one of these would be ideal. That way I wouldn't have to drag out the big ol' vacuum cleaner to pick up a few Cheerios or whatever else we happend to spill on the floor. After all, they vacuum up nuts and bolts on the infomercial, so they MUST be good! This should also work great on the wood floors I have in my office and in all of the upstairs rooms.

My husband is the AWANA commander at our church. Many a Wednesday afternoon, he has called me and asked if I would please make some kind of handout for the kids to bring home to their parents THAT night. Therefore, it would be really nice to upgrade from my old Print Shop 12 to the brand new Print Shop 23! It would also come in quite handy for creating my own greeting cards or party invitations etc. I could have lots of fun with this.


Ever since I was a kid, I have always loved the C. S. Lewis "Chronicles of Narnia" series. I've read almost all of the books at least once, and would really enjoy having DVD's of the two movies that are out so far, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" and "Prince Caspian" which comes out on DVD this coming Tuesday, Dec. 2. I'm also really looking forward to the next big-screen Narnia adventure, "Voyage of the Dawn Treader". I can't wait!






Everyone that knows me well, also knows that I am a "VeggieTalian". What's a Veggietalian, you ask? Why, it's someone like me, who is trying to collect every VeggieTales DVD ever made. So far, I am only missing two of the "VeggieTales Classics"; "Larry Boy and the Fib from Outerspace and "LarryBoy and the Rumor Weed. I actually do have one copy of each of these movies, but they are part of a 3 disc Larry Boy set, so I would love to have the individual DVD's of these two movies to complete my VT Classics collection. And then I'll probably give my 3 disc set to someone else.

I am also missing "God Made You Special" and the brand new "Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" Movie that just came out on DVD in October.

Oh and my copy of "A Snoodles Tale", (which really belongs to Molly), has seen better days and needs to be replaced. I don't think it will even play anymore.




So there you have it, that's about all I can think of right now, other than world peace and good health, happiness, wealth and prosperity for my family and our friends. How 'bout you? What do you want for Christmas?
P. S. I was just informed tonight that "Mama Mia" will be out on DVD on Dec. 16th. I went to that with "the girls" for Sarah's birthday. We had so much fun! I wouldn't mind owning that one either.


3 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Mama Mia would be a fun one!
I don't know what I would want. I love more Bath & Body Works lotions, I guess. But mostly I don't really care.
Well, I always want new towels, but I was told that does not make a great gift and was told to stop asking for them. (but the year my Ma broke down and bought them for me, I was so happy!)
I do get my Christmas wish, though. All my kids will be home for Christmas.

Sassyfrazz said...

I hope you get everything on your wish list! It is perfectly fine to have a list of "wishes."

Mama Mia was a blast to see...and to be together!

Sassyfrazz said...

I like your new blog design, too! :)

For Word Nerds Only

Word of the Day

Quote of the Day

Spelling Bee
difficulty level:
score: -
please wait...
 
spell the word:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 

Hangman