Friday, June 13, 2008

V.B.S. 2008 Whew...What A Wet Week!

I have been helping with VBS, (Vacation Bible School) at our church all week. They did a water park theme this year, "Splish Splash Bible Bash ~ Where Kids Ride the Wave of God's Love", with the bible stories being all somehow related to water. I worked with 2 and 3 year olds this year...yes, I'm a glutton for punishment. No, actually, I really like 2 and 3 year olds. They're just soooooo cute at that age, ya gotta love 'em. I always figured God made them that way on purpose...if only for their own survival. We had anywhere from 2 to 6 of them every day this week from 9am 'till noon. There were a few tears when the moms left at first, and one day we had a little girl who cried and cried and then cried some more for her big sister. Eventually, we put her in with her sister who was 6 or 7. She got along great with that class and came over to me the next morning with a big smile and a wave...but she made it clear she was staying with Sis.

All in all, they had a lot of fun and hopefully learned a little something too. It's kinda hard to tell at that age. The only problem was, that they rotated from station to station like the bigger kids, with 30 minutes to spend at each station. Half an hour is great for kids who are a little older, but these little guys have an attention span of more like 5 minutes at a time. I was thankful that we didn't have more kids in our little group to watch, because at that age, it's difficult for two adults to get them safely from one activity to the next, without getting trampled by the older kids. I was also thankful that the weather held out (for the most part) all week, other than one rainy day. So we generally got to go out and play on the playground at least once a day, and played with water balloons, spray bottles and bubbles outside too. For the last station of the day, we took them into the nursery and let them have a little free play time while we popped in a VeggieTales movie for them to watch.

Today we invited moms and dads for a picnic. I decided to splurge and ate a hot dog with a bag of chips and some watermelon. Since that made up 13 of my 28 daily allowed points, I skipped the lemonade and the brownies.

1 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Great job on the dieting! My diet has gone in the wrong direction. I am depriving myself for nothing. I just gave up and ate at ladies night. Stupid eating healthy!

For Word Nerds Only

Word of the Day

Quote of the Day

Spelling Bee
difficulty level:
score: -
please wait...
 
spell the word:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 

Hangman