Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Walked TWO MILES Today!

Well, not all at once, but I did. I decided to take the dog for a walk this morning, just around the neighborhood. He's gotten kinda fat over the winter months too, so I figured we could keep each other company. Besides, tomorrow is pet day at Molly's school, and I thought I'd try to teach him a few manners before then. Our little development is kind of in the shape of a capital E. There are 3 roads coming into it that meet another road, if that makes any sense. If I completely trace the "E", from my house and back to it, it is exactly 1 mile. Jake and I did that this morning, and decided to do it again tonight.

Believe it or not, I can feel it in my shins already. I have been walking on the treadmill a mile at a time, 2 or 3 time a week lately, but that's about it. My doctor told me I should work up to walking 3 miles at a time. Maybe. I don't mind walking outside, but I don't like the other dogs that come out to defend their territory, (which to them is the entire street in front of their houses). I've figured out though, that if we walk on the opposite side of the street, they think they scared us away, and leave us alone. That's okay, they can be the alpha dog...we'll let them.

The good thing about walking outside this time of year, is that almost every yard around here has got some kind of lilacs or other flowering shrubs. Beautiful to look at and even more pleasant to inhale the sweet fragrance of. Tonight's walk had the extra added aroma of freshly mown grass. It was almost worth the effort of the walk right there. I'm bound and determined to have at least my first 20 pounds off by next Monday's weigh-in. Maybe I'll even venture out of the neighborhood one of these days. Who knows? What?? It could happen.

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

You can do it! Way to go on the walking! I haven't been going walking with the cooler weather. Its a bummer, not sure I am losing weight still.

Sassyfrazz said...

Great job with the walking! That is awesome that you got out twice for a mile walk! Everything is helpful! Good job with the treadmill, too! You will for sure reep the rewards from all your work! The lilacs are pretty and so incredibly fragrant! It is a shame they don't last all summer long!

Kepp up the good work, Jeannie!

For Word Nerds Only

Word of the Day

Quote of the Day

Spelling Bee
difficulty level:
score: -
please wait...
 
spell the word:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 

Hangman